BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Things to Do on Your Cedar Porch Swing

You will read in the following post several ideas for things to do on your cedar porch swing. This post springs from my own inability to sit still. I’m sure it’s good for all of us to have times that we sit quietly and rest. But when I sit down, I want to be doing something with my mind or my hands. I’ve already tried many of these on my own porch swing; some I have yet to try.

  • Take dinner out to your cedar porch swing and eat there. Just don’t swing too hard; you might end up with dinner on you instead of in you.
  • Read a book, newspaper, or magazine. Combined with the swinging motion, this activity can be very relaxing.
  • Talk. Take time to catch up with a member of your household. Especially if things have been tense lately, the cedar porch swing provides a relaxing setting in which to interact.
  • Crochet, knit, sew, or work on any other portable handcraft.
  • Play “Eye Spy.” This game is especially fun with several children.
  • Snuggle up to your sweetie.
  • Open mail and pay bills. These are not normally fun tasks for me. Take them to the cedar porch swing to lighten your mood and make your task more enjoyable.

0 comments: